Wow

Wow
New Love Life

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I never owned a bicycle as a child. I had access to sibling's bikes but never had one of my own. I remember that I loved riding bikes. I loved climbing up the steep hills and bombing down as fast as I dared to go. It was best if you could do it without holding on.
The love affair was reawakened in me when I finally got my very first bike as an adult.
My first bike was a Shopko special, a blue Roadmaster. Jeff and I happened to be in Shopko and he said to me, "We should get bikes and ride with the kids." So we bought a couple of bikes. I was so out of shape that I could hardly ride a 1/2 block before my legs felt like jello. This was the summer of 1992, Shaunie was 5 years old at the time, Amelia was 9, and Jennifer was 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment