Wow

Wow
New Love Life

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Third bike - Finally a road bike

I bought my first road bike, a Trek 520, in the spring of 1996. I was in heaven with this bike. After completing three centuries on my Giant Iguana mountain bike, the first with knobby tires and the other two with street tires, I deserved a road bike even if it was a touring bike.


First Road Bike 1996 Trek 520 touring bike

This was spring training.




Springtime in  Provo Canyon

I used to ride even on days like this. Excess was necessary as I learned how to train. I would read everything I could get my hands on about cycling and riding.
This was the year I road to Camp Shalom. Starting at home I road up Spanish Fork canyon and up Fairview canyon. Jeff followed in the car with my gear for a week at girls camp. When I reached the dirt road I transfer to my Giant Iguana for the last bit into camp. It was quite an accomplishment. Jeff then took both bikes home but brought them back at the end of the week so I could ride home. That was the fun part.


Spanish Fork Canyon

Spanish Fork Canyon

Fairview Canyon Approximately 15 miles of 7-8% grade

No comments:

Post a Comment